Website The Ridge Church
The Worship Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership, design and
implementation of ministry and other activities in the life of the church where music is used to engage the community.
This position is an exempt (salaried) and part time position (20 hours per week)
The Worship Pastors reports directly to the Executive Pastor and dotted line to the lead Pastor.
• To pray and seek God daily for His plan for Worship in our body
• To lead Worship services
• To select congregational Worship music, recognizing the diverse nature of the body and to seek to develop Worship sensitive to the needs of each group
• To help develop Worship by teaching the body about the understanding of Worship
• To find those who are called by God to lead in Worship through instrumental or vocal music and to develop in them: – Servant hearts; – An understanding of Worship; – A passion for God and for leading his people in Worship; – A pursuit of musical excellence
• To plan corporate Worship services in cooperation with the Lead Pastor and Staff
• To oversee and organize the use of the various singers, musicians, choirs, musical groups and dramas within the Worship services and for special occasions
• To oversee the development and scheduling of engineers, audio and video
• To oversee the purchase, maintenance and repair of all musical instruments and sound equipment
• To provides leadership to the video ministry by staying current with trends and improving the use of media while providing oversight to the volunteer teams in creating videos for weekend services, special events, conferences, concerts and productions; produces promotions, commercials and testimonials as needed
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Requires 2 years of experience as worship leader on a church staff or other
comparable business or education experience.
• Requires the ability to listen effectively and to communicate clearly, both orally and in
• Requires basic ability to use computer software, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
• Requires commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings both professionally
• Requires exceptional speaking skills and the ability to speak confidently before groups.
• Requires quality leadership skills.
• Requires exceptional administrative skills.
• Requires sufficient good health to discharge duties properly.
• Requires passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org